Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ever-flowing Honey

The stifling heat surrounds us,
secretly cooking the egg and tuna salads.
A child's shriek of glee
ripples within the empty air.

The Sabbatical peace twinkles
its soft serenity upon the world.
The earth laughs in uncontrolled giddiness
as we roll in its green blanket.

Life quickly tumbles upside down.
The heaven is shredded by man-made clouds forced to hurtle towards the innocent below.
The child's shrieks take on a different tune
as it is drowned out by the wailing siren of death.

The land flows with the stickiness of blood instead of honey,
as together we listen in sheer horror.
Sitting ducks in an open field;
the table is our only hope.

The child softly whimpers
as we realize it is now our last.
I say goodbye to a mother across the ocean
and tremble at the thought of owning up to my sins.

Suddenly, a calming breeze takes to the daylight
and swiftly covers me in its fuzzy robe.
I feel a presence unseen by the naked eye,
as I hear a voice that is not there.

"I'm here. It will all be ok."
the ghost softly whispers into my ear.
I rise, proud of a heritage that no war can defeat
I rise together with my dearly missed sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment