Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Priceless Gift

A Priceless Gift
By Dovid Nissan Roetter
(Dedicated to my Taglit-Birthright group, Hillel Bus 1147)

When you feel down, they know how to make you smile.
When things seem wrong, they know how to change it.
When life is overloaded, they know how to ease the work.
When you feel scared and helpless, they know how to comfort you.

You met them just the other day; already you are family.
You can't remember their first name; they hug you nonetheless.
You are shocked at the love they show; it touches you to the core.
You are not judged in the slightest; instead they only help you grow.

A Birthright group is more than just friends.
A Birthright group is not bound by location.
A Birthright group is there no matter what or when.
A Birthright group is a level of family that no one else can reach.

Taglit is more than just a trip.
Taglit is a priceless gift.
Taglit is a way of life.
Taglit is our destiny.

I can never thank you all enough for the life you helped me find.
I can never forget the lessons you have taught me.
I can never forget how you accepted me openly.
I can never forget how you refused to give up on me.

Israel may be far away.
Israel may be but a hope.
Israel may be just a memory.
Israel may be scary at times.
But Israel is what gave me you as my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment