Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Looking Back Through 5774

I look back on this year in disbelief....
So much has occurred; many life choices have been made. It was definitely a year filled with "Firsts"!
To list just a few, one for each year of my life:
1) I started a business: Dovid's Documents.
2) I went to Israel for 3 MONTHS!
3) I made 48 new siblings - people who helped me in a way i can NEVER repay; people who helped me become who I truly am!
4) I wrote a 27 page booklet entitled: Thought. Dream. Reality.
5) I became involved with Hillel of Metro Detroit.
6) Became Secretary of the Oakland Community College - Jewish Student Organization.
7) Was promoted to President of said organization.
8) Began writing my book: Long Live Which King
9) Started blogging once more: asoulspeakstoyou.blogspot.com
10) Had my introduction to a huge next stage in my life.
11) Am less than a year away from receiving my Associates in Liberal Arts.
12) Begun my application process to the college of my dreams: Michigan State University!
13) Had the courage to be who I am, regardless of thoughts, stares, or whispers.
14) Had a Bar Mitzvah in Israel.
15) Learned 5 different ways a true leader acts.
16) Had an article published in the Detroit Jewish News.
17) Begun learning Chassidus with my 2 oldest nieces; and begun making a Chassidus Workbook.
18) Davened by King David, my namesake, and many other holy people I have heard stories of my entire childhood.
19) Learned to love life for life itself, and to simply make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment