Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Crossroads In My Life - Every Jew Has A Spiritual G.P.S.



Oh’ where should I go?
Oh’ what should I do?
Who can I turn to if not you?
I need help from you so.

I am so lost, completely alone.
Should I go right,
Or left?
Or maybe straight through?

I don’t have any gas,
You didn’t give me enough.
My G.P.S. is now broken,
And my car battery is drained.

I have no phone service,
I can’t find my way home.
I’m lost on the side of the road.
I must now continue on my own.

I trek down the road,
For miles on end.
Twisting and turning,
Hoping I’m going the right way.

There’s no one around to help,
The streets are completely deserted.
Finally I see a glimmer of hope,
By way of a familiar street sign.

Turns out I was going,
The right way after all.
Finally I made my way home,
To the safety of my four walls.
This story is just a parable,
A lesson that needs to be learnt.
It teaches us,
That we really aren’t alone.

Someone is guiding our footsteps,
Making sure we go on the right path.
Someone is testing us,
To see if we will give up in despair; or not.

The man in our story is the Jewish Nation,
The person leading us is G-d.
He is telling us:
Even when you think I’m not there; I really am.

He’s hiding; yet helping.
We must always keep this in mind.
No matter what we may do, or how hard we may try,
We’ll find our way back with only his help.

Because there is someone above,
Who cares about our well-being.
He tests us though,
To see if we really believe in him.

But no matter what,
He’ll help us find the right path.
It may be long and hard,
But we must never give up hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment