Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Wall's Plea


A wall of stones,
So tall and strong,
Was once one of four.
Oh, they had a special job,
They surrounded Hashem’s house.

To our dismay,
The Romans did come,
And they knocked down all but one.
Hashem’s house has been breached,
The Romans burnt it down.

Yet there’s one wall still remaining,
Strong it still does stand.
Collecting the tears of our people.
It knows in its heart that one day soon,
It will surround Hashem’s house once again.

Bnei Yisroel, please,
Help me be restored to my former glory,
Surrounding Hashem’s house like before.
All I need from you,
Is to be one.

One nation doing Hashem’s will,
And one family working all together.
For I know someday soon,
My brothers will be rebuilt,
And together we will work again.

I have kept all of your tears,
I’ve heard all of your cries,
And I bring them to Hashem each and every day.
There’s not much left to do, I know,
For Moshiach is speedily on his way.


No comments:

Post a Comment