Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Night Grows Younger As It Ends

The hour chimes once more on my wristwatch,
as the sky blackens before my eyes.
Laying in bed thoughts flood my mind,
as a tear or two rolls down my cheek.

Memories begin to fill the void,
no matter how hard I try to repress them.
Her laughter echoes in the night's deathly silence;
her smile shines like the incoming dawn.

"Dovid, my brother" her voice does sigh,
as she stretches out her hand to me.
"Let me take you back one more time,
put away your clock and recall our adventures."

Together we fight the time stream,
we end up in November of 2009.
I look up the women's balcony once again,
as she keeps encouraging me to dance my heart away.

"Have me in mind when you dance with this Torah,
as the Holtzbergs were so dear to me.
Have me in mind for you can do what I am not able,
when you dance for me I will always be with you my dear brother."

I want to keep dancing for my sister,
for then the daybreak can't come.
I need to keep dancing for my sister,
for then the daybreak doesn't come.

I will keep dancing for my sister,
for then the daybreak won't ever come.
I'll never stop dancing for my sister,
for the daybreak mustn't ever come.

No comments:

Post a Comment