Wednesday, January 14, 2015

An Angel Flies Home

I don't know how, why, or when,
it just somehow seemed to happen.
My angel spread her wings and soared.

I don't understand it,
perhaps I never will.
She is where she belongs.

Oh Angel, if you can hear my voice,
listen closely, I do beg.
Understand that I know that you are home.

I wish you would return,
but I would never force you to stay in this world.
You deserve the life of perfection.

As long as you can smile each and every day,
then you will still be an angel.
And I will be comforted with that promise.

While I do wish things could change,
and perhaps they still will.
But it seems you have gone on.

Oh Angel, if you can hear me now,
know that I just want the best for you.
An angel deserves to be happy, no matter what.

I will give up everything,
to help you soar your own way happily.
Just know, you can always return to this world.

Oh Angel, spread those wings of white,
take all that life has to offer.
Perhaps, you will let me fly by your side.

I know things are rough,
I wish I had wings of my own.
Perhaps one day you will return.

I just ask one thing of my Angel,
I beg you to fulfill this request:
Watch me from above - do not remove yourself from me completely.

Let us remain close,
regardless that you are not the same now.
Watch over me - as a friend - and no more.

Angel, please return,
show me a sign.
Help me get a pair of wings to call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment