Thursday, January 8, 2015

It's 3AM

It's 3AM and my mind is racing,
I can't sleep even if I tried.
Thoughts flood my brain,
Confusion sets upon me.

I'm scared of what will be,
Yet glad for what was.
I open up my mind,
And this is what spills out:

Will I ever see her again?
Will her smile light up my world once more?
What is going on in my life to date?
Where is this all heading?

Five years is so long,
The circle of life is completed.
A baby so very small,
Will grow to be a huge impact on the world.

I stepped my toes in the water this past May,
No I will never regret it.
But what is going to occur now,
Who can possibly know?

Friends are the only thing keeping me going,
They are my lifeline.
They will always be there by my side,
No matter what or when or why.

I'm nervous for the school year,
This semester is so crucial.
I must get into my dream school,
And leave a legacy behind.

It's 3AM and I'm wide awake,
I gotta sleep sometime soon.
I know everything will work itself out,
So I must stop freaking out.

It's 3AM and my mind is calming down,
I have faith and that is enough right now.
Tomorrow is a new day with new revelations,
I have done all that I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment