Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's More Than Just A Word

I've never come across a word quite like this one,
never thought I would have trouble speaking.
Yet, here I am, my mouth open wide,
but no sound escapes my lips.

Who could have foretold that it would end in this manner?
Who would have predicted this demise?
Was I blind and refused to see the signs around me?
I search for a different solution.

But NO!
This seems to be the truth.
There just is no changing life's direction.
What's over is simply over.
I must somehow move on.

It's time to say the word that I dread,
I can no longer pretend that this isn't the case.
My life is crashing down all around,
there is nothing left in my power to try.

So, I now say Goodbye.
It comes out choked and with tears,
If only there was a way to take it back.
I stretch my hand out - but it's gone.

I had no choice.
I was forced to say it against my will.
If only you would say "Nevermind",
and heal the pain.

I know you don't mean to make me feel this way,
You simply had no other option to choose.
I forgive you wholeheartedly.
I pray that you can move on easier than me.

It was perfect while it lasted,
Let us just stick with that fact.
Neither of us thought that we would say such a cruel word.
But it is time to say Goodbye,

Goodbye to what once was.
Goodbye to what we tried.
Goodbye to who we were.

Hello to what what we learned.
Hello to who we became.
Hello to what will be.

Goodbye to the duo you and me.
Goodbye, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment